7.31.2008

Oh God, "The Stabilizer" rocks

Okay. So we had another "bad movie night" last night, and it's definitely up there with "Gymkata". "The Stabilizer" is an Indonesian action flick from 1984 which has some very tasteful nude scenes, is littered with expletives, and is so relentless in things blowing up, people getting shot, and cars jumping off ramps,...it's mind-numbing. I decided to share some scenes, and don't for a second think that this is an exhaustive sampling, because this film brings it, and brings it hard.




These are literally the first frames of the movie. I mean, c'mon. I was laughing non-stop from this point.




This scene is timed brilliantly. Love the stock 747 shot too.




Uhh...beergasm?



This is the takeaway catch-phrase of the movie. Wait for it.



"Just a little anti-American sentiment running around..."



The physics involved with this action sequence are so wrong they're right. Watch the dude on the right when they go back to get the gun..he just smacked his ass!




Oh, If only my conversations were so effortless.




Yeah, I got hit in the head with a bucket...what about it. How about I just jump up and bust yer ass through the floor?



Wait...what? What was that? That's not spit!




What just happened here? There's an explosion, then she carefully lays on the ground?!




Again, wait for it.




I was imagining all sorts of great death scenes for the bad guy, but this wasn't it.

1 comment:

Slimey the Giant Wormgirl said...

I have a bad movie recommendation: Grapes of Death.